White House Condemns Taliban Attack In Kabul

The White House condemned a deadly attack by the Taliban that rocked the Afghan capital on Monday 1st July 2019, that left six people dead and more than a hundred others injured, as U.S. negotiators entered into another round of peace talks with senior members of the Islamic extremist group. It’s a stunning reminder of how bad the situation in the country remains after nearly two decades of war and relatively little attention paid by President Donald Trump and 2020 Democrats.




A powerful car bomb blast ripped through downtown Kabul during the early morning commute setting off a nearly 10-hour attack that included a series of smaller explosions and a gun battle between insurgents and Afghan security forces, all this incident was reported according to the Associate press.


In a press conference which took place on Monday night, President Donald Trump’s administrative said that, this bracken attack confirmed that the extremist group has showed heartless disregard against the Afghans, who have repeatedly raised their voice in finding peaceful solutions to the conflict.


The initial explosion blew up outside of the Afghan Defense Ministry compound in the city, shattering windows and sending debris of glass and smoke into the adjacent areas. After the blast, five gunmen stormed into a nearby building and began raining bullets into the ministry and on rescuers, as reported by the Reuters.



The five attackers were killed in the shootout and one suspected Taliban informant was also arrested on the spot at the scene, said Bashari, the govt. spokesperson.


Nooria Nazhat, the spokesperson for Afghanistan's ministry of education, told that 51 children attending two nearby schools were injured by debris caused by the exploding van.


By Monday night, 116 people had been treated for injuries at nearby hospitals, two police, a child, a private security guard and two passers-by were killed in the attack. The extremist group later claimed the responsibility for the brutal attack.


The Afghan govt. called this brutal attack as an inhuman and un-Islamic act.


The fresh round of violence is the latest escalation in deadly clashes between Taliban fighters and Afghan forces, in which both sides say have killed nearly 300 fighters. This outbreak also ran parallel to the seventh round of peace talks, which began on Saturday between U.S. special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and the Taliban.


The meeting in Qatar, where the militant group has a political office established, was in its third day on Monday. But after the blasts it is unclear whether any progress has been made on the issue or not. The Taliban is pushing for an immediate timeline for the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan and refuses to engage in direct talks with the Afghan government calling it a puppet of U.S. Government.




Meanwhile, American government officials who are aiming to bring an end to the 18-year-war said that it would take from a year to 18 months to pull troops out of the country. They are asking the Taliban to guarantee that Afghan territory would not be used as a base by foreign militants as it had been by al-Qaida before and after the September 11th attacks.


During an unannounced visit to Kabul last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the U.S. was close to reaching a preliminary agreement with the Taliban.


"Regarding terrorism, we've made real progress and are nearly ready to conclude a draft text outlining the Taliban's commitments to join fellow Afghans in ensuring Afghan soil never again becomes a safe refuge for terrorists," Pompeo said.


The Trump administration is pressing for a peace deal before Sept. 1 ahead of the presidential elections at the end of the month.

© 2019 by Karnevals Globus. All Rights Reserved.

Designed & Developed by Qlikmatrix

LogoQlikMatrix.png